Ringo Starr is one of the most famous Beatles members. But what songs did Ringo write? In this blog post, we will explore what songs Ringo wrote, and what other musical contributions he made to his bandmates.
Ringo Starr is the drummer for one of the most famous rock bands in history, The Beatles. Born Richard Starkey Jr., Ringo was nicknamed “the happy hooter” by his bandmates because he would laugh all day long and they couldn’t take it anymore. He also had a reputation as an occasional prankster during their time together.
. He has also acted as a vocalist and songwriter for The Beatles.
What Songs Did Ringo Write?
He wrote just two and for others, he was a co-writer. Let’s see these two masterpieces that bring Beatles to the stars.
“Don’t Pass Me By”
Songwriter and drummer for “The Beatles”, Ringo Starr is a legend in his own right. “Don’t Pass Me By” was the first song he wrote that made it to number one on the charts, but there were many others that followed suit.
– Ringo Starr wrote the lyrics and melody to “Octopus’s Garden”.
– The song talks about a fisherman who finds an octopus’ garden when he is out fishing at sea.
– When Ringo was young, his father would take him fishing during their time together. Ringo based the lyrics of “Octopus’s Garden” on his experience with fishing, and it may have been away for Ringo to say goodbye to his father before he passed away in 1963 from stomach cancer.
– Ringo Starr wrote this song at Yoko Ono’s home during their relationship (1969).
Ringo was also doing this while the Beatles were recording “Abbey Road”. Ringo would often leave early to go write in peace.
– Ringo Starr released an album called “Sentimental Journey” (1970) which includes “Octopus’s Garden.” You can find it on Spotify, Apple Music, and other streaming services!
Who is the richest Beatle?
Beatle Paul McCartney is the richest Beatle, with a net worth of $1.2 billion. The Beatles’ total wealth was estimated at over
$800 million in 2008 and is based on their music catalogs which are still among the most-purchased around the world today. Ringo Starr’s personal fortune is valued at more than $200 million while John Lennon’s estate was worth $200 million.
How much is Ringo Starr worth?
Ringo Starr was responsible for writing many Beatles’ songs, but he also had other solo hits such as “It Don’t Come Easy” and “Octopus’s Garden.” The total net worth of the former Beatle has been estimated at $300 million.